Labels

` (1)

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Imagine even greater things, think big!

10 Year Text by Tia Singh



Speak what you think now in hard words, and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today. – Ralph Waldo Emerson


Imagine your future self, ie, you 10 years from now. If he/she were to send you a tweet or text message, 1) what would it say and 2) how would that transform your life or change something you’re doing, thinking, believing or saying today?
 
I can imagine where I might be going, and what the destination might be like.  But often as I imagine the future, there is lots of gray areas with in that picture.  As I do this exercise in reverse, and think about how I thought ten years ago, even though I have always had a vision to be where I am now, that vision ten years ago was less than where I am now.  I did not imagine using a large enough scale.
 
So I guess I would text back to myself, think bigger.  Imagine greater things.  This is funny because as I have gotten older, I think that I am less significant.  I have felt that my efforts are very small compared to God.  but today, I feel like the hard true thing to say is think bigger.  Believe greater things.  See on a grander scale. Possibly the power of a team has caused this shift in my thinking.  Again another irony, as I think of myself as smaller, having only a slice of what is needed and lead with that humility,my team grows together and does even greater things that I could imagine.
 
Think bigger!

No comments: