Labels

` (1)

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

So heretical I get worried about what you will think of me, knowing I think this way.

There is a truth that I find in the bible.  I find it in Galatians, Ephesians, in fact in almost all of Paul's writing.

The truth is this, it is no long I who live, but Christ who lives in me.  Galatians 2:20

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.  This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church.  Ephesians 5:31-32

So if Jesus lives in my heart and has become one with me and everyone else in the body of Christ, it should be a given that I love my heart with my whole heart.  After all, wouldn't that be loving Christ?

If Christ lives in me, then I might ought consider to love my life and not hate it.

If I am to have a relationship with Jesus and I find him inside of me, then I should seek to have a great relationship with myself.

If I am wanting a relationship with Jesus and he is in other Christians hearts, then I might have success with that goal as I get to know the hearts of others.

How can it be true that "Christ lives in me" and "if I say I have no sin I deceive others and the truth is not in me"?  Could it be that Christ can live in me even when I sin?

Am I a liberal Christian?  Such a terrible label and yet I am not sure what it means.

No comments: