Labels

` (1)

Saturday, July 2, 2011

May 27, 1961

Find something that happened on the day and date you were born. Write about it.

On my birthday, John F. Kennedy first spoke of a goal for the United States to put a man on the moon. I cannot recall a president who shaped the journey of our country in such a dramatic fashion as Kennedy did with these words.

The brilliance of this goal was that we did not yet know if we could do this. If I recall my history correctly, we had not yet put a man in space, Possibly, Alan Sheppard for a few seconds.

It was a goal to pursue the unknown, to go on a path we had not yet made. Daring for a politician to speak. It created NASA which inspired a generation of kids to pursue science and technology.

And really how similar was this goal to pursuing being true to how we have been created. As we seek to trust God with how he made us, to dare to be true to our voice we find inside of ourselves, we will find ourselves daring to take a path into the unknown. We will dare to go on a journey to places we have never been before.

I love that this happened on the day I was born!

No comments: