Labels

` (1)

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Where am I going?

I have this interesting question, "where am I going"?  Not like am I going to go to heaven, am I going to go home tonight, but more like, where will I be in ten years?  Will the house I am in be the one I stay in until I go to a retirement home?  Will I always work at QuesTec till I sell it?  Will I ever be involved in something else?  What might God put on my plate and call me to do?  I knew 30 years ago that I wanted to own a business.  It took me half of that time to have enough experience and courage to pursue it.  Once I took the plunge, four years in, it seemed like a really bad idea.  Now that its fifteen years later, I cringe at the thought of not having done it.  The stresses that I have had to go through in growing my company have caused me to grow and change in their presence.  To think of living life as I used to be vs. living life like I am today, causes me to shiver with fear that I might not get to be who I am had I not take those risks fifteen years ago.

So since life is so different for me today than it was fifteen years ago, I am now not so concerned with where I am going, only concerned that I continue to dream about new places and continue in this adventure of life ready to take new risks when the opportunities present themselves.

1 comment:

Lori Galaske said...

I love the word, "dream!" It's where everything begins, where God plants His seeds of ideas for your life. I used to think my dreams were from me and not from God, so I shouldn't pursue them. I thought it too good to be true that my dreams and what God wants for me could possibly be one in the same, but the death of that lie has left me free to write, and every single time I see the word, "dream," I'm reminded of how good God is to make His dreams for us, our dreams too. Thanks for the reminder.